Minor Home Repair Program
Grants up to $5,000 are available for low-income seniors and disabled persons who own and live in a single-family home in the City of Rancho Santa Margarita. The repairs of single-family homes are limited to minor repairs and improvements that address homeowners’ basic health, safety, and accessibility concerns. Funding for this program is provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Minor Home Repair Grants
Grants up to $5,000 for low-income seniors and disabled persons who own and live in a single-family home in the City of Rancho Santa
Margarita. The repairs of single family homes are for minor repairs and improvements that address homeowners basic health, safety, and accessibility concerns.
Eligibility requirements for Minor Home Repair Grant Program:
· You are a homeowner and reside in the home needing repairs
· At least 62 years old or have a disability
· A household income that falls within HUD’s Income limits*
· The availability of program funds
Examples of Eligible Repairs
· Safety: installation of smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
· Earthquake safety: water heater brace & seismic gas shutoff valve
· Accessibility: wheelchair ramps, wood steps, handrails, handheld showers, bath/shower seats, toilet seat risers & grab bars
· Interior: flooring, minor wall/ceiling, doors & windows
· Minor electrical: light fixtures, outlets & switches
· Minor plumbing: faucets, toilets & water heater
· Exterior building: gutters, vents, siding, trim, fascia & stucco patch
· Exterior: fences, gates, porches, steps and walkways
· Roof: repairs only
How do I apply for either or both programs?
Collect the following documents:
-Documentation of monthly income
-Proof of ownership
-Valid personal identification
-Any other documentation requested by the Program Administrator
Call the Program Administrator:
Habitat for Humanity
of Orange County
or visit the Program webpage
*Minor Home Repair Grant Program income limits are established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and are revised annually.