- Development Services
- Code Enforcement
- Vehicle Parking
The City of Rancho Santa Margarita seeks to eliminate blight, improve the appearance of business and residential areas, and create a community where all those who live, work and play can experience a sense of pride and well being. Your partnership is needed to achieve these goals. The City's Municipal Code is designed to protect the residential atmosphere of your neighborhood as well as to prevent unsafe and unsightly use of property. By reporting violations of our codes, you allow us to work together to achieve the quality of life everyone wants to enjoy in Rancho Santa Margarita.
- Vehicles may be parked on a public street for 72 hours, unless otherwise prohibited. This is enforced by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
- Vehicles on public streets must be in operable condition and have current tags and registration. If not, they may be cited and/or towed away.
- A vehicle cannot block the public sidewalk, street, or alley.
- Large commercial trucks and trailers cannot be parked in any residential neighborhood except when actively loading or unloading.
- Only emergency roadside vehicle repairs may be made to a vehicle parked on the public street, sidewalk, or alley.
- Motor homes, campers or trailers may not be used for living or sleeping quarters.
- Automobiles, motor homes, trailers, campers, and boats may not be stored on public roadways