City Hall will close at 3:00 p.m. to do our part in reducing energy consumption.
Rancho Santa Margarita city offices will close at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, August 18, to reduce energy usage in the building and prevent energy service interruptions by reducing overall consumption.
Regular hours will resume Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
To avoid energy shortages, the California Office of Emergency Services is asking customers to limit energy usage between 3 and 10 p.m. The following is a list of tips to help curb energy usage during peak hours.
- Adjust your thermostat to 78° or higher during 3-10 p.m. (if health permits)
- Pre-cool your home by setting thermostats to 72° in the early part of the day and overnight when your air conditioner is more efficient
- Postpone using major appliances like the oven, dishwasher, and washing machine until cooler times of the day
- Close windows and blinds at the beginning of the day to keep warm air out
- Keep windows and doors closed to prevent the loss of cooled air
- Turn off unnecessary lights and use LED lamps instead of overhead lights
- Unplug any equipment not in use (phone chargers, power strips, etc.)