The City 's noise ordinance allows for normal daily noises during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (including construction and maintenance noises).
With spring weather in full bloom here in Rancho Santa Margarita, residents may begin to leave windows open to enjoy the fresh air, the sweet bird calls, and the slow hum of our beautiful surroundings. Occasionally, unwanted noises can interrupt these simple pleasures. It is common to hear lawn mowers, delivery trucks, barking dogs, and other common neighborhood sounds. The City of RSM noise ordinance allows for normal daily noises during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (including construction and maintenance noises). Quiet hours shall be observed from 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.; construction and maintenance activity should not occur during these hours.
Here are a few tips for helping prevent disruptive noise:
- Restrict the use of saws and loud machinery to the inside of your garage whenever possible.
- Mow lawns after 7:00 a.m.
- Schedule landscaping and construction crews after 7:00 a.m. and make them aware of City ordinances.
- Ensure outdoor pets are cared for to prevent agitation and excessive barking.
- Alert neighbors in advance about any upcoming activities such as celebrations, construction projects or cleaning services to allow them to contact you if there is a problem with noise or disturbances
To report disruptive noises that occur during the business DAY: Call Code Enforcement at (949) 635-1800 ext. 6703
To report loud or continuous noise at NIGHT during the hours of 8 pm to 7 am: Call the Sheriff’s Department non-emergency number for assistance at (949) 770-6011