News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/22/2017 2:39:43 PM to 8/2/2017 12:00:01 AM.
Posted on: June 22, 2017
[ARCHIVED] Bulky Item Pickup Available
Household items that cannot fit into your automated waste carts are considered bulky items.
Common bulky items include:
Excess Green Waste
- Items that are not accepted include (but are not limited to) car batteries, tires, automotive parts, and construction and demolition debris.
- Residents of RSM are allotted four bulky pickup trips per calendar year; customers may place up to 4 household items (items that are too large to dispose of in the residential carts) OR up to 20 bags of green waste. Branch/wood bundles are allowed. Branch/wood bundles can only be up to 4’ length x 18" diameter, and the bundle MUST BE UNDER 50 lbs each.
- Items accepted can be (but not limited to) mattresses, bed frames, desks, chairs, tables, washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, and refrigerators. Electronic waste such as TV’s, PC’s, monitors, speakers, VCR’s and other similar items are also accepted. (A CR&R Customer Service representative will advise if able to pick up more specific items during call)
- Items can be no more than 8’ in length, 4’ in width or 150 lbs to be accepted for pick up. Items cannot contain liquids, oil, gas, Freon or other chemicals.
- Bulky Item pick-ups are scheduled on regular service days based on availability. Customers are advised to call in at least 2-3 days before their service day to increase the likelihood of availability.
- Customers are asked to place items curbside near residential containers without blocking access to the containers. CR&R highly recommends placing items out the night before the scheduled pick-up date. Bulky item pickup is separate from regular trash collection between the service hours of 6 am – 6 pm.
- The CR&R customer service center is open Mon-Fri 8 am – 5 pm. Call (714) 372-8272 or visit their website for more information.