Minor Home Repair Program
Grants up to $5,000 are available for low-income seniors and disabled persons who own and live in a single-family home in the City of Rancho Santa Margarita. The repairs of single-family homes are limited to minor repairs and improvements that address homeowners’ basic health, safety, and accessibility concerns. Funding for this program is provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Minor Home Repair Grants
Grants up to $5,000 for low-income seniors and disabled persons who own and live in a single-family home in the City of Rancho Santa Margarita. The repairs of single family homes are for minor repairs and improvements that address basic health, safety, and accessibility.
Eligibility requirements for Minor Home Repair Grant Program:
· You are a homeowner and reside in the home needing repairs
· At least 62 years old or have a disability
· A household income that falls within HUD’s Income limits*
· The availability of program funds
Examples of Eligible Repairs
· Safety: installation of smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
· Earthquake safety: water heater brace and seismic gas shutoff valve
· Accessibility: wheelchair ramps, wood steps, handrails, handheld showers, bath/shower seats, toilet seat risers and grab bars
· Interior: flooring, minor wall/ceiling, doors and windows
· Minor electrical: light fixtures, outlets and switches
· Minor plumbing: faucets, toilets & water heater
· Exterior building: gutters, vents, siding, trim, fascia and stucco patch
· Exterior: fences, gates, porches, steps and walkways
· Roof: repairs only
How do I apply for either or both programs?
Collect the following documents:
-Documentation of monthly income
-Proof of ownership
-Valid personal identification
-Any other documentation requested by the Program Administrator
Call the Program Administrator:
Habitat for Humanity of Orange County
or visit the Habitat for Humanity website
*Minor Home Repair Grant Program income limits are established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and are revised annually.