As a City founder and long-time resident of over 27 years, Carol Gamble brings an impressive collection of experience and an unparalleled wealth of knowledge regarding the City of Rancho Santa Margarita. From 1995 to 2000, Carol volunteered to serve as the Vice President of the Rancho Santa Margarita Cityhood Committee.
Carol worked countless hours with the Cityhood Committee to make self governance for Rancho Santa Margarita a reality. On January 1, 2000 Rancho Santa Margarita became its own City!
Carol was elected to serve on the inaugural City Council and began working together with her colleagues to form the City that we all enjoy today. If you know Carol, you know that she is a leader who is interested in results, not agendas. A tireless worker, Carol has an impressive resume of experience, a proven track record of accomplishments and is well known as an effective leader throughout Orange County.
Qualifications & Accomplishments
- Served as an officer in the incorporation of Rancho Santa Margarita
- Negotiated Direct Incorporation for Revenue Neutrality Payments
- Negotiated Direct Incorporation for all Revenues and Supplemental Property Tax
- Elected to inaugural City Council in 2000
- Served as City Council Member
- 2011 to present
- Served as Mayor Pro Tem in 2016, 2013 and 2000
- Served as Mayor in 2017, 2014 and 2001
- Awarded Woman of the Year (2000) by the State of California Legislature
- Served as Board Member of the Orange County Fire Authority
- 2012 to present
- Started an engineering firm in Rancho Santa Margarita in 1995 as a business owner